Are you looking for a free merchant account? A quick search on Google shows approximately 9,480,000 Web sites with the search term phrase, free merchant account. These results may lead you to believe that there are actually free merchant accounts – with no processing fees. If you take a closer look, the actual results reveal a different conclusion.
One result that appeared on the first page of Google is of a merchant account provider that offers free credit card machines if you sign a contract to process credit cards through that merchant. The rates are clearly stated. The offer for a “free credit card machine” may also be misleading.
Ask yourself, “Is anything really free?” If you are suspicious and do your homework, you will discover that other fees may be inflated.
Do your homework. Compare apples to apples to appraise merchant account providers to see what the overall costs of processing credit cards will actually amount to. The following is a list of items you should compare:
Some of these costs include:
- What are the processing rates?
- What are the bottom line terminals and software fees?
- Do they charge monthly minimums?
- Do they offer equipment warranties?
- Are there annual fees?
- Is there an application fee?
- Is there a cancellation fee if you decide to go with another merchant account provider?
- What are the miscellaneous supply costs, etc.?
With a team that offers over 60 years of experience in the bankcard industry, Eagle Merchant Services strongly recommends the following when evaluating and choosing a merchant account provider:
- Obtain a complete contract when comparing merchant account providers.
- Analyze the total costs to the costs of other providers.
- Do not make a decision on processing rates.
- Look at the entire picture.
Eagle Merchant Services is passionate about our commitment to integrity and offering the lowest cost – guaranteed. We are so passionate, that we will provide you with a Merchant Provider Comparison Worksheet.
Call us toll free today for your free worksheet at: 800.255-0898
Is there such a thing as a free merchant account?